April 17, 2009

Web 2.0 overkill?

In the past months I've been testing different free services for internet-based communication, private and professional publishing and cooperative project development. As always, when starting to get familiar with new ICT-solutions, I quickly found myself in the middle of a whole new and constantly growing universe. And, as you know, space-travel produces lots of waste, too. As our planet is surrounded by millions of tiny fragments, so was my computer after several weeks.

That's why I decided to sit back, rethink and decrease the number of applications in use to a minimum.

I'd like to comment on the decisions made, so that interested readers may avoid confusion and directly start utilizing the applications instead of spending too much time on testing them.The upcoming posts will cover different applications and services, clustered as follows:

1. Browsing
2. Mailing
3. Chatting
4. Planning
5. Blogging
6. Working together
7. Sharing

As usual, feel free to comment on any post or contact me directly.



leave a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy to get your feedback.